A predictable post title, sure, but it’s appropriate considering I’ve got a so many favorites to share with you this month!
- Artsmarts: Why Cutting Arts Funding is Not a Good Idea: more than just an article with a familiar name!
- Students Will Be Able To… Advocate: a FANTASTIC post from ARTSBlog about explicitly teaching advocacy to future educators.
- Culture Stops: an interesting grass roots movement that asked Rhode Island citizens to imagine a world without culture on March 10th, 2011.
- Apologizing for the Arts: some great advice from Ken Busby about getting the conversation going with government officials about funding for the arts and arts education.
- If You Tax Us, They Won’t Come: a warning to the Rhode Island state legislature about the proposed 6% sales tax on admissions to events, including non-profits.
- Part-Time Arts Education Isn’t Enough: Katherine Damkohler reminds us that we don’t have to settle for enrichment programs because they’re better than nothing. Arts education should be full-time!
- Last but not least… my new #1 reason for moving to Canada.