On days like today, I especially love what I do, and the magic of young people. Here’s why:
- When Aloha the Frog and Fancy Nancy (who look a lot like their teaching artists, Karen and Meredyth…) asked the second graders if they were the contestants who were here to appear on the game show, Wish You Were Here, they responded with an IMMEDIATE and enthusiastic, “YES!”
- Positive teacher and student feedback that doubles my conviction that what we do is important and meaningful.
- When the students put their clues together about the first continent we were going to visit, you could almost see their brains expanding with new knowledge.
- The enthusiastic curiosity of our class. You know, the kind that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
- Oh, and there was a squirrel in our classroom. Luckily not at the same time as the 28 second graders!
Happy Friday, everyone!